What is an IHSS?
An IHSS applicants provider is someone who gets paid to provide services to a person who receives in-home supportive services under the IHSS Program. If you want to become an IHSS provider, one important steps in order to be approved is to be fingerprinted and go through a criminal background check by the California Department of Justice.
As of November 1, 2009, all California In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) providers now requiring Live Scan Fingerprinting. These new rules, designed to prevent fraud, require caregivers who are either new to the program or have taken on a new client to complete an enrollment form, criminal background check and orientation session before they can get paid from the State. The reason for this is to deter and reduce fraud in the IHSS system.
How Does The Process Work?
1. Complete the IHSS Program Provider Enrollment Form (SOC 426) and return it in person to the county IHSS Office or IHSS Public Authority. If you have already completed this step you need to contact your County to get the proper Live Scan Form for your county.
2. You need to be fingerprinted and go through a criminal background check by the California Department of Justice. The county IHSS Office or Public Authority will give you instructions on how to get fingerprinted when you turn in the completed and signed SOC 426.
3. Come to MR Fingerprints to complete your Live Scan Fingerprinting background check. You need to bring an unexpired valid ID and your live scan form which is only provided by your IHSS Office. You can call us and schedule an appointment with us or we can come to you. We offer Mobile Services
Do not try to be fingerprinted until you have received instructions from the county.
● Mr Fingerprints is a business that offers digitally scanned fingerprinting (Live Scan) services in the Los Angeles country/downtown LA area.
● State law requires that you pay the costs for fingerprinting and the criminal background check. Fees vary depending where you choose to get fingerprinted; the costs range from $40 to $90.
Please refer to this link for more information http://www.cdss.ca.gov/agedblinddisabled/res/pdf/SOC847.pdf